Kasteler In Kobe

Kasteler In Kobe

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

First Book of Mormon!


Hello everyone! It was a busy week for us in the beautiful land of Japan, but I loved every minute of it!

Last preparation day, we went into Kobe and rode on a ferris wheel and did some shopping and walking around. It was really fun. We ended up giving out a book of mormon to some school girls who were listening to Justin Bieber. It was my first time giving out a book of mormon, so that was really exciting for me. :)


 
 
 

On tuesday we had eikaiwa, or english class, and that is so much fun for me to do. One, because I want to be a teacher, and two, because I get to speak english! Haha it is nice to have a break from the Japanese every once in a while. At the end of eikaiwa, we taught everyone how to play Do You Love Your Neighbor, and it was fun to teach them an "american ge-mu" or american game haha. We had so much fun, and continue to get new people every week come to class. Its a great missionary opportunity and Im very grateful for it.

 

Our ivestigators are doing well and are progressing nicely. We of course wish that we had more investigators, but that is okay! Our less active that we are teaching is amazing and continues to strengthen my testimony everyday. her progress is inspiring. This week, she called us several times to ask questions about Joseph Smith, or to just talk with us about any questions or anything. She also is having a hard time, so she calls us whenever she is struggling. It is cool to see how much she trusts us. I love developing relationships with these people. The japanese are amazing! I love them so much!

 

This week we did a lot of housing, which was scary for me, but it was good. We found a man who came to church yesterday :) So that is awesome. This week, Scheffler 姉妹 told me that I have to invite 50 people to church this week. I am scared that I might not be able to do this, but I am hoping and praying for strength to know that I can! I think that I can! haha I will let you know how it goes next week.

 


Our mission is currently doing the Book of Mormon challenge, and I am loving it more and more every day. Someday, I want to have a shelf full of books of mormon from my mission and my life, that I read because I had a question or wanted help with something. It is amazing how much one book has helped me so much. I am forever grateful for the Book Of Mormon and its teachings.

 

yesterday, I spoke during the missionary meeting at church. It was so scary but I did it! My japanese is really improving. Yesterday, we taught three lessons and gave a spiritual thought, so it was a lot of japanese in one day, but it was really good for me. I am learning fast, but not fast enough! haha I just want to be able to speak this language and talk to these amazing people.

 

This week, I ate nato for dinner one night.... It was rough. I love japan, but some of their food is very hard for me to eat haha. This week, Scheffler 姉妹 and I got lost at the worlds biggest bridge for about an hour. That was the eventful portion of the week. haha We also had a lot of people asking for our picture this week, which was funny. Its a good way to dendo too haha because we tell them to come to eikaiwa or to church or something. We will see if anyone shows up though.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I love being a missionary and I know that this is the work of the lord. I love this gospel and know that it is true! I love each of you and hope that you have a great week. Spread happiness to those around and serve others with all that you have :)

 

Love always,

Kasteler Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment