Kasteler In Kobe

Kasteler In Kobe

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Hello everyone! I am in Matsuyama on the beautiful island of Shikoku. It is beautiful here but very, very cold haha. It snowed today and we biked for a few hours to a few appointments, so that was a little bit rough. But it is okay because being a missionary is the best!
This week was so busy and today is so busy... I dont have time to write everything and I apologize!
 
This week we had to go to the Mission Honbu or headquarters for Scheffler shimai's final interview with President Welch. While she was in a meeting about finances and figuring out her travel plans, I got to sit and talk with President Welch for a bit. What a wonderful man!!!! I love him so much and am so grateful for him. Ah, I feel so blessed to be serving in the same mission as him and Sister Welch.
 


 
 
 
This week I had my goodbyes with everyone in Akashi. It was hard for me. But it is okay because I know that someday I will see them all again and we can always write letters and email. I love my investigators and the ward members in Akashi. It is amazing to me how much the Lord blesses us missionaries with charity. We truly love everyone we meet. It is amazing to me. I love these Japanese people so much.
 


 
 
This week I had my first baptismal invite! She said no, but it was still so awesome to be able to share the experience of my baptism and invite someone else to partake in such a tremendous blessing. She said she will be baptized eventually though, which is always wonderful :)
 
 
 
This week was transfers. In order to get to Matsuyama, I had to take a 3 hour train ride and then 4 hour bus ride... YIKES. It was a long day. Matsuyama is BEAUTIFUL and so is my new companion :) Her name is Sister Bowman. She is awesome.
 
 
 
I miss Scheffler Shimai and cant believe that she is home with her family and everything! Miss you Scheffler! :(
 
Yesterday at church I bore my testimony. It actually went really well. I feel like my japanese is finally getting better. It is hard but I am determined to grow a ton this transfer. This transfer is going to be a really hard one for me, I can feel it, but I know that it will be for my own good and that in the end it will be so worth it. It is really important to keep a positive attitude and good perspective while on missions. Then again it is important all the time :)
 
This week we had a takoyaki party with one of our investigators. It was delicious! I never thought that I would like octopus. But yum!!
 
 
 
We also had a pajama party at our apartment with the 4 of us shimaitachi for our last night together. It was a blast haha.
 
 
 
 
Another funny thing from this week.... My mom sent me my christmas packages a few days before transfers, so I had to send them to my new apartment on Shikoku, and Scheffler Shimai helped me fill out the papers to send them, and as a secret, she addressed the packages from D Todd Christopherson hahaha So I showed up to my new apartment and there was a flyer saying that I got a package from D Todd Christopherson haha. It was pretty funny. I miss that sister of mine.
 


 
 
I hope you all have a great week. We have a TON of investigators in Matsuyama so look forward to hearing about them all next week :)
I know that this church is true and love it with every part of my soul. I love the book of mormon and I know that it is true. I LOVE prayer. Praying is so important. and I know that Heavenly Father listens to us and hears and understands us.
I love you all. Have a great week :) and remember the true meaning of Christmas as we enter the Christmas season :)
LOVE YOU! AISHITEIMASU YO!
Kasteler Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment